httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 21:39:02 GMT

So I think I covered both issues in the last patch... Your comments
on that patch (even in concept-only) would be helpful.

> I'd still like to see the "ServerName 127.0.0.1" stay, augmented
> by a "<VirtualHost _default_>" container to make it work outside
> the local host.  Anyone see any problems with that?

What did we mean here?  It will pick up their real server IP, so I
assume this is mute?  I realize we need to go back and address two
complaints, the lack of --ntservice docs and the message blatted
at the user for their missing ServerName.  I just threw them in
showstoppers.

> BTW, judging by some of the reports that have come my way,
> there is once more a major dichotomy between the httpd.conf
> files on Windows and Unix.  For one thing, the latter contain
> the LoadModule/ClearModuleList/AddModule sequence, whilst the
> former only have the LoadModule section.  Or am I smoking something?

Since Win32 users really don't know how to build their own binaries,
I figured the example of what is explicitly linked would be good, no?
The main dist-conf really is subject to compiler options we don't
offer on Win32 (it's really all or nothing.)  Do you see this as an
issue yet and still?  To fix it under Unix would be a dynamic file
listing what is built in, showing them (commented out) as AddModule
diretives.  Does anyone have an issue with the httpd.conf-dist-win
example on this?

Bill