httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: mod_isapi [included mod_perl questions]
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:17:57 GMT

Thanks for the info :)

> > I ask because we seem to wait lock on the first mod_perl request until
> > it completes, according to reports from bugs.apache.org - and as we
> > roll the 2.0 MPMs this may become important to more than simply Win32.
>
> that doesn't happen anymore with Perl 5.6.0 and mod_perl-2.0.

Cool.

> > And finally, does mod_isaspi have a maintainer?
>
> you? ;)

Actually, the ISAPI support is several revisions out of spec, and never
supported filters (interesting convergence of issues, no :?)

I may take a crack at this, but the priority is far lower than any of
the cgi or security issues under Win32, including Bill's point that we
need to provide somesuch support of chmod() or abstract the security
and privilage model (if that's even possible).  I'm really suggesting that
if we have no maintainer, that the module is pulled for a few months until
someone (including me, perhaps, but much later) steps up and runs with it.

Bill