httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: [patch 1.3.13-dev] Win9x Services
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2000 02:09:57 GMT
Good news, overall :)

I think we have the ultimate solution to the 3rd party enhancements,
other's interest in being able to install/remove services, and so on.
I'm just hoping we see a good place to document the new system
--ntservice argument without confusing beginning users.  Feel free to
test, but I'm certain from my NT tests that the non-flag, no hack
version will perform as expected under any Windows without fault.

So that is a worthwhile flag even under Win2000... I'll remember that,
even if it's never used in Apache, and I thank you again for beating
up the server for all of us :)

on to the Apache 2.0 cleanup...

Bill

Hmmm... what's up with that... you did say that it won't show dependencies
if you add yet another module either?  Sounds like a fluke (or a flag
hidden to prevent the user from viewing/removing critical components.
Maybe this is a good thing :)  But since I'll be adding several modules
to the list (workstation and dcom services) that the user can customize,
I'm really, really curious.

> All of the above worked correctly (served pages, status, info, PHP and
> proxy).

Very good new.