httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0 STATUS
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2000 06:20:25 GMT

Agreed here too... ap_config.h should be the root of all apache sources,
defining (but not including) what we aught to be doing.  So I included
ap_config from those headers under the (mistaken) belief that ap_config
represents the cornerstone of apache sources, not (as it turns out) the
ultimate bag of tricks and traps.

likewise, httpd.h should tell us what and how we go about compiling a server,
but not doing it all itself :-)  It (by default) is based on how we compile
our sources (ap_config) and aught to include that, but not the rest of all
headers we ever invent.

Would you like to suggest the rules of engagement, Greg, for how and why
headers are included, and what aught to include what else?

Bill