httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 00:08:02 GMT

> > > Are either of you signing up for taking 25 messages each
> > > on comp.infosystems.www-servers.windows for a week? :-)
> >
> > I've done it, and yes, I've gotten sick of it.  But this information is in
> > the FAQ, and it's documented.  If the users can't get the right answer by
> > RTFM, then we aren't responsible.
> >
> > Ryan
> >

> Yes Apache is responsible. :)
>
> Apache Windows Server is running on a computer - use it.  If there is an error that can
be caught and corrected while running Windows then do it.

But the fix that was committed didn't check to see if the error could be
caught on Windows, it used a brain-dead default on all platforms.

And no, if the user can't or won't read the manual and error string and
FAQ and newsgroup, we aren't responsible.  If I open a new package, and it
doesn't work properly and I can't figure out how to make it work, I turn
to the manual, assuming this is a common problem.  I expect nothing less
out of people trying to run a web server.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131