httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Filtered I/O ... again. :-)
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 23:52:43 GMT

Okay, this conversation has gotten big and hard to manage, so I am
suggesting we split it into three separate threads, which I will start
immediately after this message  :-)

1)  Do we want to allocate memory from the stack or in our pools.
2)  Is tail recursion a performance killer on any of the platforms we
support?
3)  Is the ordering really that difficult to do in either design

Expect new notes giving my opinions on each of these.  When we reach
consensus on each of these issues in the separate threads, it should be
much easier to decide on a single design to put into the server.  This
will also allow more people to get involved in the discussion because they
are separate and much easier to deal with.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131