httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Filtered I/O ... again. :-)
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 21:41:43 GMT

Let's just add a bit to your example:  (Assume the SSI text is coming from
a CGI because then this all makes sense)

> Call 1:
>   mod_include passes the first part of its input (up through the partial
>   SSI tag) to the next filter
>
>   mod_include holds onto the partial SSI tag
>
>   mod_include tells its caller that it processed all input data

Insert a SIG_PIPE here because the CGI died unexpectedly.  Ignore the rest
of your example because it never actually got sent due to a CGI
programming error.

The request_processing code doesn't know that mod_include is holding onto
some of the data waiting to process it.  The mod_include filter never gets
re-called, the data never gets freed from where mod_include stored it
temporarily.  A small flag says I need to be called at least one more time
so I can be flushed.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131