httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Review then commit.
Date Mon, 29 May 2000 21:54:49 GMT

> You are missing the point if you respond to my individual features.
> The point: there are features that people want to see in there. Some are
> in STATUS, some are in people's heads, etc. I'd say progress against those
> defines the release.

But as you are so fond of telling me, if something isn't in the STATUS
file, it isn't an actual requirement.  :-)

> Re: the other parts of this thread. Yes: stability is probably the best
> measure for alpha -> beta -> release, presuming that the introduction of
> new featurs does not destabilize (if so, then we hang in alpha/beta until
> it is stable again).

What this all comes down to in the end, is that we didn't have everything
we needed in the STATUS file, but everybody seems to be saying that when
the showstoppers are gone, and the code is stable, we can go beta.  Since
I made my original comment based on the fact that I thought we were
nearing that place.  Since we obviously are adding more the the STATUS
file, we aren't near that place any more.  :-)

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message