httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Review then commit.
Date Sun, 28 May 2000 02:26:49 GMT
> I would like some feedback here to moving to a review then commit mode for
> 2.0.  We are getting VERY close to the end of the alpha cycle, and it is
> time to stop treating this like a sandbox finally.

I don't remember if you were around back when we made the switch from
review-then-commit over to commit-then-review.  But, it certainly improved
participation and I think even the people who didn't think the change was
a good idea beforehand had to admit that it worked wonders.  Going back to
the old RTC approach would be a step in the wrong direction as far as I am
concerned.

-Rasmus