httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/time/win32 timestr.c
Date Sun, 28 May 2000 01:08:59 GMT

ARGH!!!!!!  This is way too confusing.  This is confusing because that one
patch had a lot of very un-related changes in it.  Here's the bottom line
for me.  After you backed out all the changes, the code didn't compile on
Unix.  I made three name changes, and it compiled again.

Now, if you want to make a name change for these types of Macros then we
should discuss it here and come to a consensus on the correct names, and
then implement it in one patch for each name change.

I'll comment on name changes in response to another note.

Ryan

On Sat, 27 May 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Contrawise, they were the ones I'd already caught :-)
>
> It's APR_EXPORT_VAR -> APR_VAR_EXPORT, as we are backing out
> that change to the core (API_, CORE_, and MODULES_) we need
> to be consistent.
>
> Actually, that was my (unfortunately not obvious enough) clue
> that the patch on Fri eve. was forthcoming.  I think I even
> posted to that effect.
>
> If we want _VAR_EXPORT -> _EXPORT_VAR, see my post.  But there
> is no way APR is playing it's own game to this point.
>
> Bill

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131