httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/mpm/winnt winnt.c
Date Sat, 27 May 2000 22:28:14 GMT

Okay, I have reveiwed the patch with much more detail now.  I am +1 for
it.  Sorry, but when I first saw the commit, I saw process_rec being
passed around, the reasoning being the same as the patch discuessed last
week.  This is why I voted -0.5 (not a veto), I wanted more time to review
the patch, but I also wanted to let it be known that I would have
appreciated a chance to review the patch before the commit.

Ryan

On Fri, 26 May 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > The module_rec entry makes sense. There is only ONE MPM every loaded.
> > There is no reason to use the hook system to call features of the MPM.
> >
> > Given the increasing difference between module_rec for modules and
> > module_rec for MPMs, it probably makes a LOT of sense to simply break
> > these apart and use two definitions.
>
> There is no difference, at least there shouldn't be anymore.  The
> pre-config hook needs to be added back to modules now that the
> configuration stuff is cleaned up a bit.  Of course this also involves
> moving the call to run_pre_config to between the read and walk steps.
>
> > > I definately do NOT like adding another function to the module table.
> >
> > For MPMs, this makes a lot of sense. For modules, I agree with you.
> >
> > > I am currently -0.5 for this patch, but I need to review it in much more
> > > detail.
> >
> > Please review it, with the above items in mind.
>
> I am still -0.5, but still need a much closer review.  Right now, and I
> just trying to dig out from e-mail.
>
> Ryan

> 406 29th St.
> San Francisco, CA 94131