httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Review then commit.
Date Fri, 26 May 2000 21:08:42 GMT

I would like some feedback here to moving to a review then commit mode for
2.0.  We are getting VERY close to the end of the alpha cycle, and it is
time to stop treating this like a sandbox finally.

One of the big things that is bothering me, is the sheer amount of code
that went into the tree last night, with an alpha ready to be rolled
tomorrow or Monday.  Yes, if the alpha is broken, we can just roll a new
one, but IMO our alpha's need to start becoming VERY stable beasts.  This
means taking some responsability to make sure that we aren't breaking
things days before we put one out.

For right now, I would like to call off the next alpha, and straighten out
the code that went in last night (I believe two or three showstoppers were
introduced, but I am still checking, and then I will update STATUS), and
after that is done, roll our next alpha.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131