httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: [STATUS] (apache-2.0) Wed May 24 23:45:12 EDT 2000
Date Wed, 24 May 2000 23:21:50 GMT
On Thu, 25 May 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Wed, 24 May 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > >     * The handler hook needs to use the new registration system
> >
> > I thought we agreed this was wrong.
>
> Yah, it's wrong. The hook system says "somebody please do something." For
> the handler, we want "hey YOU. handle this." Things such as the
> create/merge config functions, and the handler, are *directed*, so the
> hook system doesn't work for them.

Glad I'm not imagining things.  If nobody stands up to volunteer to change
the hook system, I'm going to move this from showstoppers to "WOULD BE
REAL NICE TO WRAP THESE UP:" and clarify what would be needed to fix it
correctly.   BTW, I am personally -1 for this change.  The current system
works, and makes sense.  I think modifying it to work will end up being a
hell of a hack.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131