httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_cgi.c mod_include.c
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 21:09:13 GMT

>   Modified:    src/lib/apr/include apr_portable.h apr_thread_proc.h
>                src/lib/apr/test testproc.c testsock.c
>                src/lib/apr/threadproc/unix proc.c procsup.c threadproc.h
>                src/main http_log.c mpm_common.c
>                src/modules/mpm/prefork prefork.c
>                src/modules/standard mod_cgi.c mod_include.c
>   Log:
>   Convert ap_proc_t to a complete type.  This lets us access the pid directly.
>   Only the prefork MPM has been ported so far, the rest of the Unix MPM's are
>   coming later today.

My original hope had been to be able to represent processes as simple
integers.  This doesn't work, because of the pipes to stdin, stdout, and
stderr.  It makes sense for that information to be carried with the pid,

Regardless, this simplifies the code quite a bit, because we don't need to
call ap_get_os_proc to get a simple pid.  Bill S. assured me that we could
get a pid from Windows (we did it in 1.3 I think).  This may mean that
some we lose some Windows functionality in APR (I don't know, but it's
possible), but that's the price we pay for being portable.

View raw message