httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject RE: Platform Specific MPM Design Questions
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 19:34:42 GMT
> > main_win32 is a joke in the context of MPM's.  Service control and the
> > MPM layer (should be) entirely intertwined, and the existing http_main
> > won't quite let me do this...
> >
> > I would like to propose a change to register_hooks (better named
> > register_module?) since it occurs only once in the process (correct?)
> > I'd like to pass the process_rec *process from http_main through to
> > the register_hooks, to accomplish the following:
>
> I do not understand why hook registration and argument processing are
> being conflated. Why not define a new hook called "process arguments" or
> something? The hook could be defined as MPM-specific, too (e.g. only MPM
> modules should see/respond to the thing)
>
> Run the hook before the pre-config hook.
>
> Hmm. I'd also be interested in learning how this is different from the
> pre-config hook. The presence of the process_rec?
>
> For now: -1 (I don't like the reuse of register_hooks for this, and it
> appears that may be solved w/ a new hook)

This was my initial reaction, but as I looked at it, I didn't see how
adding another hook could be done.  This is why I have asked for a couple
of days to really study the patch and figure out what it is doing.  My gut
reaction to this is a -1, but I hope to have a more technical reaction
tomorrow sometime.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131