httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject RE: [Fwd: I want to contribute a software I've written.]
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 15:38:03 GMT

The thing that scares me, is that this is a slipperly slope.  Once we
start accepting GPL'ed code, we open ourselves up for more requests for
GPL'ed code.

Also remember, that one of the nice things about what is currently
distributed from Apache.org, is that everything that is there, ALL of the
Apache contributors can help with, without worrying about Licensing
issues.  This isn't true once we start shipiing GPL'ed code.

I have minor issues with the GPL, but nothing that would stop me from
contributing to a GPL'ed code base, however I don't want Apache GPL'ed,
and I don't want Apache to be distributing GPL'ed code.  I am -1 for
this.  (vote, not veto.)

Ryan

On Tue, 23 May 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> I'm hearing that the argument against GPL code is integration into
> the core.  We can't build on it, and vendors are very restricted
> in their distribution of it.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> I don't see that an external feature (log file processing) falls
> into any of these objections.
>
> Bill

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131