httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 rant
Date Fri, 19 May 2000 18:19:51 GMT
On Fri, 19 May 2000, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> >Roy, I value your time, and I know you are busy.  I have a lot of time and
> >a lot understanding about this tree.  When you say, "there is too much
> >duplication for me to contribute easily, and it will be a year before I
> >have the time to fix it", it is worth three or four days of my time to
> >clean it up so that you can contribute more easily.  I would rather have
> >you contributing useful patches more often than slowly cleaning up
> >duplicate code.
>
> I really really really appreciate it too -- it has already made a
> huge difference in my ability to grasp the intent of the code,
> which immediately led to a host of other annoying questions that
> I hadn't even been able to pose before.  That's progress. ;-)

Please post away.  BTW, I have two docs written, they will be committed
within a half hour.  This is all I'm doc'ing today, because I am taking
your questions as a guideline for what to document and how.  The more you
ask, the more I write.  That goes for everybody on this list BTW.  If you
have any Apache 2.0 questions, post them here, and I will document the
appropriate parts as the questions come.  Whenever there is a lull in the
questions (and I'm not coding), I'll doc other items that I think may be
confusing.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131