httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From r..@covalent.net
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/support htpasswd.dsp logresolve.dsprotatelogs.dsp
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 00:03:39 GMT

All I did, was save the .dsp files.  I ran the scripts you provided before
I committed.  I can't say why any of this stuff was changed, because I
didn't know I was changing it.

Ryan

On Wed, 17 May 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> I'm up to my eyeballs in aligators with the Win95 service port,
> so anything I undid would simply be mucked up.  Q's without having
> tested your compilation:
> 
> Why did you change debugging from /Zi to /ZI?
> /ZI is not recognized as compatible with VC5 (although it may be
> a case insensitivity by the compiler that lets it slide, it does
> mess up the IDE.)
> 
> Why did you set the cl /GX- flag, on only a single file?  I have no
> objection to toggling the c++ exception handling flag, but we have
> no c++ files.  But let's be consistent.
> 
> We don't care that you tripped the files to VC6, or set the MTS /o flag
> from nul to "nul", that the !MESSAGEs are single line, or that the new
> option AllowPerConfigDependencies is set to False (-never- true!!!)
> 
> I guess I'm really not clear here why you committed this entire list...
> nothing of value changed except the exclusion of a single "misc.h", 
> which could have been changed in a text editor.
> 
> Of all your changes, only the /ZI flag was verboten.  Please revert
> back to /Zi for the # ADD [BASE] CPP lines.  Short of that, none of
> the .dsp changes you commited should have harmed anything.
> 
> 
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: rbb@covalent.net [mailto:rbb@covalent.net]
> > Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 3:42 PM
> > To: new-httpd@apache.org
> > Cc: apache-2.0-cvs@apache.org
> > Subject: Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/support htpasswd.dsp
> > logresolve.dsprotatelogs.dsp
> > 
> > 
> > >   Modified:    src      Apache.dsw ApacheCore.dsp
> > >                src/lib/apr aprlib.dsp aprlibdll.dsp
> > >                src/lib/pcre dftables.dsp
> > >                src/main gen_uri_delims.dsp
> > >                src/os/win32 ApacheModuleAuthDigest.dsp
> > >                         ApacheModuleCERNMeta.dsp 
> > ApacheModuleExpires.dsp
> > >                         ApacheModuleFileCache.dsp 
> > ApacheModuleHeaders.dsp
> > >                         ApacheModuleInfo.dsp ApacheModuleRewrite.dsp
> > >                         ApacheModuleSpeling.dsp 
> > ApacheModuleStatus.dsp
> > >                         ApacheModuleUserTrack.dsp
> > >                src/os/win32/installer/installdll install.dsp
> > >                src/support htpasswd.dsp logresolve.dsp 
> > rotatelogs.dsp
> > >   Log:
> > >   This commit will most likely break everybody on Windows.  The .dsp
> > >   files I am checking in though will build a usable Apache 
> > on Windows.
> > >   This finishes at least the first round of the merge work 
> > to get the
> > >   common code into common files in APR.
> > 
> > I expect that Windows developers are all broken now.  If I broke every
> > Windows developer, then I am sorry, we will have to back out 
> > the changes,
> > and I will explain what I did so that somebody with MSDev 5.0 
> > can make the
> > changes for me.  Please somebody with Windows let me know if 
> > this worked
> > or not.
> > 
> > Ryan
> > 
> 


_______________________________________________________________________________
Ryan Bloom                        	rbb@apache.org
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Mime
View raw message