httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: ap_wait_all_procs(), recent "reliable piped logs" changes to MPMs
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 11:43:08 GMT

> Ryan... I'm happy to take care of adding in the "ap_wait_t status"
> parameter to ap_wait_all_procs() and updating the current callers.
> If/when anybody implements the function for a platform that doesn't
> provide the information, they can use Greg's suggestion for handling
> status.
>
> Okey dokey?  (I won't mess with it if you have better ideas now or
> expect to have time in the short term to research it further.)

I have neither time to do this, nor better ideas.  Please add a parameter
for the status instead of trying to put it in the return code.  Also, in
your docs, I would really apreciate it if you could add a note or
something that basically says:

"If implementing this feature on a platform that can't support it, the
status parameter should be returned as APR_ENOTIMPL"

But please feel free to word it anyway you would like.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131