httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/network_io/unix sockets.c
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 11:15:56 GMT

> >   #ifdef BEOS
> >       return shutdown(thesocket->socketdes, how);
> >  -#endif
> >  +#else
> >       if (shutdown(thesocket->socketdes, how) == 0) {
> >           return APR_SUCCESS;
> >       }
> >       else {
> >           return errno;
> >       }
> >  +#endif
> >   }
>
> I love this snippet -- it was part of the diff I was looking at while
> composing that long e-mail rant.
>
> Does shutdown on BEOS return errno on error, or -1 (as is defined by BSD)?
> Anybody have a pointer to a web site with on-line BeOS man pages?
> It claims to be POSIX, so my guess is that this is just a bug.  The code
> should be simply
>
>     return shutdown(thesocket->socketdes, how) ? errno : APR_SUCCESS;
>
> I'll commit it.

I was trying to be VERY concervative while making these changes
yesterday.  I was assuming that most of the bugs in the BeOS code were
because code hadn't been brought up to date, not because the code was
wrong.

I would prefer to add a comment asking if this is right or not.  I think I
did that in one case.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131