httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Where is ap_config_win32.h? Please help...
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 19:14:24 GMT
On Tue, 16 May 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 02:43:07PM -0400, wrote:
> > I dislike this idea.  I suggest putting all of the Windows defines in the
> > ap_config.h file directly.
> A seperate ap_config_win32.h allows maintaining some symmetry with the
> way Unix or other autoconf-enabled platforms will handle their config.
> It also makes it easier to find just the win32 #defines; telling which
> OS's configuration you were editing at a glance wasn't possible in the
> 1.3 config.
> > One of the problems that we just solved with
> > my change, is that the configure code was spread across too many files,
> > and it wasn't clear which files were being used.  Now, we are talking
> > about adding a third file, and hiding it in src/os/win32.
> I am somewhat worried about putting it in src/os/win32 as well, though
> it makes a certain amount of sense. src/include/ap_config_win32.h was
> what I was thinking.

I don't mind src/include/ap_config_win32.h too much. (This is not a vote
or veto, just a convenient way to express my opinions) I am:

-1   for src/os/win32/ap_config.h
+0.5 for src/include/ap_config_win32.h
+1   for src/include/ap_config.h with a #ifdef WIN32

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message