httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Where is ap_config_win32.h? Please help...
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 18:43:07 GMT
> > HUH?  The ap_config.h in the tree sure looks ALOT like the 1.3.x
> > version.  Is ap_config.h now autogenerated?  Does it belong in
> > the tree?  If not I will be happy to copy an ap_config.hw to
> > ap_config.h in the windows build, and alievate this issue.  But
> > would you delete ap_config.h if it isn't static?
>
> I don't think it will be necessary to create ap_config.hw. Any Windows specific #defines
> can go into win32/os.h (or #ifdefed directly in ap_config.h). I suggest getting the server
> to build on Windows in the most direct fashion then, once you have a picture of what
was
> required to getthe compile,  'do it right'. I suspect a few well placed #ifdefs in
> ap_config.h or code in os/win32/os.h will fix most problems.

I dislike this idea.  I suggest putting all of the Windows defines in the
ap_config.h file directly.  One of the problems that we just solved with
my change, is that the configure code was spread across too many files,
and it wasn't clear which files were being used.  Now, we are talking
about adding a third file, and hiding it in src/os/win32.  This is a
recipe for disaster.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131