httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: ap_wait_all_procs(), recent "reliable piped logs" changes to MPMs
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 18:09:54 GMT

> Currently, the status parameter to wait_or_timeout() is never
> initialized and so the accidental contents of that storage is used as
> an array index in process_child_status().  mpmt_pthread has been
> broken on OS/390 for the last couple of weeks due to this, and I just
> got a chance to look at it.
>
> (This little note is just to give Ryan a chance to say "I ran into a
> little problem with that... you need to do XXX" before I go hacking.)

Actually, I removed the status variable all together for dexter, because
it wasn't necessary.  It may not be necessary for the other MPM's either,
I don't remember right now.  I believe the problem with returning a status
from wait_all_procs is that some platforms don't support that option, I'm
thinking Windows, but I could be wrong about that.

This is one of the places where bringing all of the common code from the
mpms together will help us in the long run.  I have no problem adding a
status variable to ap_wait_all_procs, but we need to make sure it will
actually do something on Windows and OS/2 first.  And I want to make sure
we need to status variable before we begin on this project.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131