httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: A silly question perhaps...
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 14:45:13 GMT

> > I thought that was what the hints.m4 file was being used for.  It would be
> > very nice to be able to be able to do:
> >
> > ./configure --with-lock-method=(flock|fcntl|semaphore)
> >
> > when configuring APR, but I think that can be handled in the future, after
> > the first beta.  :-)
> >

> It is not clear to me how to determine what locking method APR is even using.  httpd
-V
> doesn't work now. As you probably intuit, I've just started hacking around in AIX after
> long absence :-)

APR's locking method is most easily found in apr/include/apr.h.  In there,
you will find a group of #defines, APR_USE_*_SERIALIZE.  At most two of
those will be 1, the rest will be 0.  If there are two that are 1, one
will be APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE which is used for the thread locking.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131