httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: FreeBSD 3.4 speaks up on Apache 2.0 :)
Date Mon, 08 May 2000 11:20:35 GMT
On Mon, 8 May 2000, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> /bin/sh /usr/home/trawick/apache/apache-2.0/src/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc  -g
-O2 -pthread -g -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations  -o
httpd  modules.lo buildmark.lo  modules/standard/libapachemod_env.la modules/standard/libapachemod_log_config.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_mime.la modules/standard/libapachemod_negotiation.la modules/standard/libapachemod_include.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_autoindex.la modules/standard/libapachemod_dir.la modules/standard/libapachemod_cgi.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_asis.la modules/standard/libapachemod_imap.la modules/standard/libapachemod_actions.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_userdir.la modules/standard/libapachemod_alias.la modules/standard/libapachemod_access.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_auth.la modules/standard/libapachemod_setenvif.la modules/standard/libapachemod_echo.la
 modules/mpm/mpmt_pthread/libmpmt_pthread.la  main/libmain.la  os/unix/libos.la  ap/libap.la
 lib/apr/l!
ibap!
> !
> r.a  lib/pcre/libpcre.la  lib/pcre/libpcreposix.la -lcrypt -lcrypt
> /usr/lib/libc.so.3: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
> /usr/lib/libc.so.3: warning: this program uses gets(), which is unsafe.
> /usr/lib/libc.so.3: WARNING!  setkey(3) not present in the system!
> /usr/lib/libc.so.3: WARNING!  des_setkey(3) not present in the system!
> /usr/lib/libc.so.3: WARNING!  encrypt(3) not present in the system!
> /usr/lib/libc.so.3: WARNING!  des_cipher(3) not present in the system!
> /usr/lib/libc.so.3: warning: this program uses f_prealloc(), which is stupid.
> trawick@freebie.local:/usr/home/trawick/apache/apache-2.0/src%
>
> I'm not sure when this stuff cropped up.  Hopefully I'll get a chance
> in the next year or so to look into it further...

This stuff all cropped up with the addition of pcre it looks like.  I was
led to believe this was a stable, good regex library, which is why it was
in the status file.  Do we want to back out this change?

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131