httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Apache 2.0 alpha's
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 23:22:53 GMT

Well, I haven't been flamed or yelled at for weeks, so I thought I would
pipe up and let people get some target practice against me.  :-)

Hopefully, the 2.0 alpha's are coming to an end relatively soon.  I'm
thinking we will need another two or three alpha's, and that should take
between a month and a month and a half.  I realize I am being
optimistic.  Somebody has to be :-)

With a hopeful end in sight, I would like to propose that at the end of
the alpha's, we have a feature freeze for 2.0.  We can push hard to make
an actual release of 2.0 quickly after the first beta if we aren't all
adding new features.  And once the actual release is out, we can start
working on new features for 2.1 and 2.2 or even possibly 3.0.

I would rather just fix bugs in 2.0 for three months than fix bugs and add
more features for a year.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131