httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Cleanup the STATUS file.
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 20:25:01 GMT

In case people can't tell, I've been spending the last week trying to get
items out of the status file.  :-)

There are at least two items in the STATUS file that I thought we had
decided were bad ideas:

    * The handler hook needs to use the new registration system

    * Dynamically loadable MPMs
      Enable users of the binary distributions of Apache to be able to
      dynamically load the MPM.

      Dean says this probably isn't a good idea.  For example consider
      -lpthread, you couldn't have the same core run with pthreads,
      prefork, and gnu pth without a lot of headaches is my guess.

The first is under show-stoppers.  Can we decide if these are valid ideas,
and if not get them out of the STATUS file.

Thank you,

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131