httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject ARGH! PCRE isn't posix compliant
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 19:32:42 GMT

I am in the middle of making Apache 2.0 use PCRE instead of HSRegex, but I
have hit a tiny miniscule little problem.  PCRE didn't pay attention to
the standard.  regexec's prototype should be:

int regexec(const regex_t *preg, const char *string,
           size_t nmatch, regmatch_t pmatch[], int eflags);

but PCRE uses:

int regexec(regex_t *, const char *, size_t, regmatch_t *, int);

It's a minor thing, but still it's annoying.  Fixing our copy and sending
the maintainer a patch isn't going to work in this case, because PCRE
actually modifies that value.  :-(

I am using PCRE 3.1.  I will modify our code if it is clean.  Otherwise,
we'll have to re-consider this move.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131