httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/support apxs.in
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 18:11:28 GMT
> >   +my $CFG_CFLAGS        = '@CFLAGS@ @EXTRA_CFLAGS@';
> >   +my $CFG_PREFIX        = "/home/rbb/apachebin";
>
> That CFG_PREFIX isn't going to work so well... :-)

Whoops.  I'll fix that asap.

> >   +my $prefix            = "$CFG_PREFIX";
> >   +my $CFG_EXEC_PREFIX   = "@exec_prefix@";
> >   +my $exec_prefix       = "$CFG_EXEC_PREFIX";
>
> Why were the new variables introduced? (rather than keeping CFG_*)

because the current configure system replaces CFG_BINDIR with something
along the lines of "${prefix}/bin".  apxs needed a way to resolve the
"${prefix}"

> >   +        push(@cmds, "libtool --silent --mode=compile $CFG_CC $cflags -I$CFG_INCLUDEDIR
-I$CFG_INCLUDEDIR/apr $opt -c $s && touch $slo");
> >   +        push(@cmds, "libtool --silent --mode=link $CFG_CC $cflags -o $la -rpath
$CFG_LIBEXECDIR -module -avoid-version $lo");

> Woah... does this mean *users* who are installing a module via apxs need
> libtool?

Yep.  Sorry, but I was only going to fight with this stuff for so long.

> *ponder*
>
> I forget: does anybody that builds Apache (not configure; just build)
> require libtool?

Yep.  I got the libtool lines from our build process, so we require
libtool to build.  We also provide a copy with the tree however.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131