httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dean gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: IOL - ap_sendX ap_recvX ap_transmitfile sematics?
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 19:59:06 GMT

On Thu, 4 May 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> And, I guess the big question is, what does the IOL indirection buy us
> over direct calls to the apr?

when i did the mpm/iol work i didn't use anything in APR -- because it was
a short proof-of-concept.  i wanted to be sure that we got the
architecture right.

it's been said many times that the layering could be moved to APR.

regardless of where it is, the layering is needed... and APR to me is more
about a uniform interface to various OS features which are common amongst
many OSs.

-dean