httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dean gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: APR's thread-detection heuristics
Date Wed, 03 May 2000 01:36:33 GMT
On Tue, 2 May 2000, Sascha Schumann wrote:

> On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 09:16:25AM -0700, dean gaudet wrote:

> > > -2 on going back to the 1.3 system. I still remember the day when
> > > FreeBSD switched to 4.0-CURRENT and -whoops- Apache stopped to
> > > compile, because it did not know the system version.
> >
> > hmm, you know i've stayed out of this configuration debate for the most
> > part because i just stopped caring, folks seemed to want to march in
> > directions that i just really couldn't follow.
> >
> > however, ISTR that when 4.0-CURRENT occured, even the present autoconf
> > based system didn't work on freebsd, and needed a patch.
>
> Dean, this comparison does not hold.

no no, i'm just saying that your example is weak... wasn't it a
compilation flag problem on freebsd with the autoconf system?  isn't that
about as bad as having to add a 4 to a wildcard in some case statement in
the shell script (which is the APACI way)?

there are flaws in both systems.

biggest thing i miss is:

"oh shit i forgot to tell it i wanted debugging info and mod_proxy" :

env OPTIM='-g -O2' ./config.status --enable-module=proxy

-dean