httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dean gaudet <>
Subject Re: APR's thread-detection heuristics
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 16:16:25 GMT

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Sascha Schumann wrote:

> On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 11:54:20AM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> > I've been playing around with a platforms.m4 include file that
> > using config.guess to grok the OS type, and do things like set CC/LIBS/
> > etc... was we currently do with 1.3.x. The rub is that we're looking
> > at at least 3 such beasties (for Apache, APR and MM), and IMO it's ugly
> > to have to adjust 3 seperate files when tuning one platform. Sooo
> > I'm thinking about simply exporting them, but that's not going to work
> > totally as well I'm thinking.
> >
> > One thing I'd like is for APR's configure to have a '--with-apache'
> > tag, that allows it to use Apache's header files and .m4 files when
> > it makes sense. Ideas? Comments?
> -2 on going back to the 1.3 system. I still remember the day when
> FreeBSD switched to 4.0-CURRENT and -whoops- Apache stopped to
> compile, because it did not know the system version.

hmm, you know i've stayed out of this configuration debate for the most
part because i just stopped caring, folks seemed to want to march in
directions that i just really couldn't follow.

however, ISTR that when 4.0-CURRENT occured, even the present autoconf
based system didn't work on freebsd, and needed a patch.

View raw message