httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Reliable piped logs...I must be missing something.
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 01:33:13 GMT

I think I have reliable piped logs working in 2.0, but I am still trying
to test it.  I can spawn the logging child, but when I kill that child, a
new child isn't created.  I have killed the rotatelogs child with -TERM
and -KILL, and it isn't restarted.  This happens with both 2.0 and
1.3.  So, this tells me that I am mis-understanding the purpose behind
reliable piped logs (or 1.3 is broken as is 2.0)   :-).   Does anybody
have a good way to test reliable piped logs?

Thank you,

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131