httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dean gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Linux and Shared Memory.. hell!
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 23:02:57 GMT
any distributor distributing a 2.3/2.4 kernel will mount the shmfs, and
you should consider anyone that hasn't mounted it to be on crack -- you
should always use shm on linux.

in my opinion, applications shouldn't really adapt to "development"
kernels such as the 2.3 series -- as soon as the shmfs thing happenned, it
became a FAQ on linux-kernel, everyone said "apache is broken!" and
everyone else responded "just mount shmfs you dolt".

-dean