httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Filtered I/O ... again. :-)
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 21:50:10 GMT
On Wed, 31 May 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > Correct. At the end of a request (defined how?), Apache needs to inform
> > the filters to flush any internal buffers. This is the point where SSI
> > could generate a syntax error for an unfinished tag.
>
> Ahh, yep this does take care of the case I was thinking about, okay ignore
> my last message and that potential improvement.

:-)

Note this applies to the hook-based design as well. Just pass a NULL
buffer there, too.

Oh. That is better than my first pass on this. In my proposal, I said a
zero-length buffer. But I can easily see a mistake where zero-length is
passed (ap_rwrite(buf, len, r) without testing "len"), thus making things
believe they just hit EOF. Better is a NULL pointer for the buffer. Even
if somebody passes len==0, I find it quite "impossible" for them to
arrange a NULL buffer pointer. If they do... TFB for them. That is like
expecting ap_rwrite(NULL, 0, r) to "work". Negative!

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/