httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/ap ap.dsp
Date Sun, 28 May 2000 09:36:59 GMT
On Sat, 27 May 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > wrowe       00/05/27 21:03:32
> >
> >   Modified:    src      Apache.dsp Apache.dsw ApacheCore.dsp
> >   Removed:     src/ap   ap.dsp
> >   Log:
> >     Kill the Win32 library project ap.dsp and slide http_main.c from the
> >     ApacheCore.dsp into Apache.dsp - this is in prepartion of the real
> >     services update, which will move registry.c and service.c back into
> >     ApacheCore.dsp, kill both headers and incorporate their symbols into
> >     the mpm/winnt/winnt.h file.  main_win32.c will die as well, with it's
> >     few remaining functions moving into the mpm.
>
> One question, does anyone object if registry.c and service.c move into
> modules/mpm/winnt?  They won't be supporting anything but the mpm's
> activities.

+1 on moving them. If they are MPM functions, then that is where they go.

> Everything is building, almost everything runs, however htpasswd insists
> on the ApacheCore.dll which sits in another directory that it doesn't see.
> Gut instinct is a two-layer solution just like aprlib/aprlibdll, perhaps
> call them core and coredll, but I'll let others scream they hate it before
> I push that.

I am unclear on this aprlib/aprlibdll thing. I recall discussion on this
stuff a while back, and it was confusing. My feeling is that something was
being made more complicated than it needed to be. I'd hate to see more of
that happen.

Could you explain what "core" and "coredll" would be? i.e. how do they
differ?

> Would anyone like to drop the os/win32/registry.h from the list of files
> to touch when rolling?  I need to split the version #define into components,
> and we can remerge them into the current macro name.  I'll use the components
> to play with the key.  If noone objects, I will do that tommorow.  Other
> that that, I will only be touching os/win32 and modules/mpm/winnt tommorow.

Seems fine. There are some release/roll instructions somewhere that would
need to be updated to reflect this change.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/