httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Review then commit.
Date Sun, 28 May 2000 09:15:28 GMT
On Sat, 27 May 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > MSNHO is that the repository should *remain* a sandbox for at
> > least several betas.
> >
> > And who says we're getting close to the end of the alpha cycle,
> > anyway?
>
> The fact that there are basically no showstoppers left in the STATUS
> file.  And when we last had a bug DB for 2.0, there were under 10 bugs in
> it.
>
> > > but IMO our alpha's need to start becoming VERY stable beasts.
> >
> > I disagree very, very strongly.
>
> Would you care to explain why, and maybe put some bugs in the STATUS file.

Take a look at the 1.3 STATUS file. Migrate all that stuff over to the 2.0
STATUS file. I'll take three features that I am interested in putting into
2.0:

* config option for *DBM usage     [in STATUS]
* include SDBM into src/lib/sdbm/  [in STATUS]
* include mod_dav                  [not in STATUS]

Probably some more work/refinements on the config stuff. I/O filtering.
Possibly non-filesystem resources.

A release is not defined by "zero showstoppers and zero bugs." Now, I'm
not really sure what *does* define it (i.e. when do we declare a beta and
when we start release candidates), but I don't think it is today. And RTC
is really for the final end-game.

Cheers,
-g

--