httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject RE: Review then commit.
Date Sat, 27 May 2000 22:19:09 GMT
On Sat, 27 May 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Unless that happens, they are seperate packages.  If you want
> examples of the (nearly) right way to do linkage macros, just look
> at our new pcre package.  It's already there.  This is what I was
> trying to communicate months ago to get mod_info working.  I felt
> we had acceptance.

The linkage stuff is fine, and (per your question somewhere else) I do
agree that it is needed. *IF* you create separate link units.

I don't necessarily agree with creating so many different link units
(DLLs). Especially when it comes to src/ap/ being its own unit, thus
needing its own linkage macro.

> If anyone moves ap_hooks.c into src/main, I'm backing out the
> hook arg, although they will gain explict API_EXPORT tags.

I can't parse this. Which are you saying:

1) you're backing out the extra arg now
2) when ap_hooks.c moves, THEN you'll back it out

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/