httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject RE: Platform Specific MPM Design Questions
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 19:29:24 GMT
On Mon, 22 May 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> main_win32 is a joke in the context of MPM's.  Service control and the
> MPM layer (should be) entirely intertwined, and the existing http_main
> won't quite let me do this...
>
> I would like to propose a change to register_hooks (better named
> register_module?) since it occurs only once in the process (correct?)
> I'd like to pass the process_rec *process from http_main through to
> the register_hooks, to accomplish the following:

I do not understand why hook registration and argument processing are
being conflated. Why not define a new hook called "process arguments" or
something? The hook could be defined as MPM-specific, too (e.g. only MPM
modules should see/respond to the thing)

Run the hook before the pre-config hook.

Hmm. I'd also be interested in learning how this is different from the
pre-config hook. The presence of the process_rec?

For now: -1 (I don't like the reuse of register_hooks for this, and it
appears that may be solved w/ a new hook)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/