httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org>
Subject Questions for an article (fwd)
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 08:57:42 GMT

Anyone want to take this on?   Multiple responses probably OK.

	Brian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 22:56:04 PDT
From: Rob Thomas <rthomas@linux.com>
To: apache@apache.org, press@apache.org
Subject: Questions for an article

Hi,

My name is Rob Thomas and I am working on an article on Open Source and how
it
affects the security of a product.  I have a few questions who's answers I
would like to quote for the article:

- Would you say that developing the Apache server in an open environment
has
  played a positive role in the security of the product?  More so than if
it
  had been done by a closed team?
- Do you think that public discussion of bugs and vulnerabilities in forums
  such as Bugtraq compromises machines running vulnerable versions of the
  server?
- How do you think Apache's community of contributors and developers
compares
  to the development team of, say, Microsoft IIS?

Thanks.

--
                                                        -o)
Rob Thomas                                              / \