httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject RE: Where is ap_config_win32.h? Please help...
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 21:39:31 GMT
On Tue, 16 May 2000 wrote:
> All I did earlier this week, is remove the last vestiges of the APACI
> configure process.  I deleted ap_config.h from the CVS tree, and renamed
> ap_config_auto.h to be ap_config.h

Did you realize that you have effectively broken CVS as a result? There is
no way to pull the a1..a3 releases now.

This is symptomatic of people wanting to go and dick around in the
repository to do renames/moves/whatever. That is some serious badness.
Some people say "but we want the history." Which is bogus of course, since
the history is still available at the old location.

What should have happend is ap_config.h is deleted/commited from the
client. ap_ac_config.h is copied over to ap_config.h on the *client* and
then added/commit to the repository. The ap_ac_config.h is then
deleted/committed. The repository should not have been touched manually.

The initial checkin message for the new ap_config.h would state "this file
is renamed/copied from ap_ac_config.h; go there for historical

Greg Stein,

View raw message