httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Embeding apache into an application
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 19:01:35 GMT
On Tue, 16 May 2000, cizaire_liste wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to embed apache into an already written application
> (on solaris, linux and NT), by loading it as a shared library,
> and that raises some points :
> - how to use apache when my application provides the main
> (maybe something to do with REALMAIN)
> - how to prevent apache to fork (but multi threading is ok)
> (maybe something to do with MULTITHREAD but I am not sure it
> is handled on unix)
> - how to get the http requests
> (maybe something like a mod_... to develop)
> - what is the minimal configuration
> - how to do it well
>
> I hope that I can have some good advices from you.

Apache is not designed for this at all. It presumes that it has control
over the process, its threads, the main loop, etc.

I'm not sure what the advantage of embedding Apache would be. What are you
actually trying to do? Somehow control the embedded app?

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/