httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/experimental mod_mmap_static.c
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 21:54:49 GMT
On Wed, 10 May 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > From: rbb@covalent.net [mailto:rbb@covalent.net]
> > Why are we committing willy-nilly to the 1.3 tree?  Chuck tried to get 3
> > +1's for mod_proxy, and he was toldby Roy:

I don't see it as willy-nilly. I see two things:

1) enhance/fix the Windows build process
2) fix a problem with MMapFile for EBCDIC platforms

> > I am not adverse to committing to 1.3, because we will most likely have a
> > 1.3.13 release, but I would like this to be a very minor release, that
> > basically includes the stuff required for Novell and that's
> > it (plus some possible Windows enhancements).

Agreed. But I haven't seen anything counter to this yet. (i.e. nobody has
tried to check in *new* functionality)

> > I would like to move to a review then commit for 1.3, where three
> > _explicit_ +1's are required for a commit to take place.

Agreed. +1 on review-then-commit for anything that is clearly not a bug
fix.

> > I don't know if this means these last three commits should be
> > backed out
> > or not.

They should stay.

Cheers,