httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Moving things around
Date Sat, 06 May 2000 02:24:21 GMT
On Fri, 5 May 2000, dean gaudet wrote:
> On Fri, 5 May 2000, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> > Everything (including APR and MM) depends on which MPM gets chosen,
> > because it can change *everything* depending on what feature set
> > is associated with the MPM.
>
> FWIW, i agree with sascha.
>
> it requires somewhat of our old style of configuration to know what MPMs
> are available on a platform.

I'm with Ryan on this one. APR should be independently configured. It sets
up a base level of functionality. If Apache and its MPM doesn't use that
functionality, well TFB.

Remember: APR is an independent entity. It should not rely on outside
influences during its configuration.

Sascha: why doesn't Ryan's description of configuration work? (e.g. config
APR, then config Apache based on APR capabilities, MPM selected, and other
config switches)  I don't recall seeing a good reason *against* this
process.

Cheers,
-g

--