httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/support apxs.in
Date Sat, 06 May 2000 00:48:56 GMT
On Fri, 5 May 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > >   +my $prefix            = "$CFG_PREFIX";
> > >   +my $CFG_EXEC_PREFIX   = "@exec_prefix@";
> > >   +my $exec_prefix       = "$CFG_EXEC_PREFIX";
> >
> > Why were the new variables introduced? (rather than keeping CFG_*)
>
> because the current configure system replaces CFG_BINDIR with something
> along the lines of "${prefix}/bin".  apxs needed a way to resolve the
> "${prefix}"

Gotcha. If I remember to do it after all this tequila :-), then I'm going
to make it a bit clearer:

my $prefix = "@prefix@";
my $CFG_PREFIX = "$prefix";

> > >   +        push(@cmds, "libtool --silent --mode=compile $CFG_CC $cflags -I$CFG_INCLUDEDIR
-I$CFG_INCLUDEDIR/apr $opt -c $s && touch $slo");
> > >   +        push(@cmds, "libtool --silent --mode=link $CFG_CC $cflags -o $la
-rpath $CFG_LIBEXECDIR -module -avoid-version $lo");

> > Woah... does this mean *users* who are installing a module via apxs need
> > libtool?
>
> Yep.  Sorry, but I was only going to fight with this stuff for so long.

Wasn't asking you to :-) ... for my own edification...

> > *ponder*
> >
> > I forget: does anybody that builds Apache (not configure; just build)
> > require libtool?
>
> Yep.  I got the libtool lines from our build process, so we require
> libtool to build.  We also provide a copy with the tree however.

Ah. Okee dokee.

Happy Cinco de Mayo everybody!

-g

--