httpd-dev mailing list archives

From James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: ILOVEYOU
Date Thu, 04 May 2000 21:46:59 GMT
On Thu, 4 May 2000, Alan Olsen wrote:

> On Thu, 4 May 2000, James Sutherland wrote:
>
> > Oh, the irony! The very next e-mail after this one to hit my inbox had a
> > 1+Mb .exe file attached. Loveletter, right? Nope! Some sort of multimedia
> > thing from the Britney Spears mailing list. (Could still be a loveletter,
> > but we've never met, so... :P)
>
> I am not going to ask why you are on the Britney Spears mailing list.
> Some perversions should not be shared.

Better than having a virus-laden Windows box around :-)

I hasten to add, the mailing list in question is just an announcement one
from peeps.com, not some sort of newsgroup-type discussion list. I shudder
to think what alt.fan.britney-spears would be like...

On a slightly less off-topic note, they use Netscape Enterprise 3.6 for
their WWW server. I was wondering why it was so slow. :)

Finally, just to come completely back ON-topic: Has anyone here noticed
Zeus's new product, Load Balancer? More interestingly, has anyone compared
it with what I was suggesting a few weeks ago?

James.