httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Stuart" <jstu...@ohio.risci2.net>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0 rant
Date Fri, 19 May 2000 22:46:34 GMT
Ummmm, are you SURE that you really want us to ask away?  :)  I can think of
a couple of questions.
1) How does it work?
2) What's the meaning of life?
3) Where do we go when we die?
4) Why?

If you can document those I'll bow down and kiss your feet!  LOL

--
Jeff (FurBall)
WebOverdrive Newbie Tech Board
http://www.topniche.com/tech/
furball@weboverdrive.com

-----Original Message-----
From: rbb@covalent.net [mailto:rbb@covalent.net]
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 2:20 PM
To: new-httpd@apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache 2.0 rant

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> >Roy, I value your time, and I know you are busy.  I have a lot of time
and
> >a lot understanding about this tree.  When you say, "there is too much
> >duplication for me to contribute easily, and it will be a year before I
> >have the time to fix it", it is worth three or four days of my time to
> >clean it up so that you can contribute more easily.  I would rather have
> >you contributing useful patches more often than slowly cleaning up
> >duplicate code.
>
> I really really really appreciate it too -- it has already made a
> huge difference in my ability to grasp the intent of the code,
> which immediately led to a host of other annoying questions that
> I hadn't even been able to pose before.  That's progress. ;-)

Please post away.  BTW, I have two docs written, they will be committed
within a half hour.  This is all I'm doc'ing today, because I am taking
your questions as a guideline for what to document and how.  The more you
ask, the more I write.  That goes for everybody on this list BTW.  If you
have any Apache 2.0 questions, post them here, and I will document the
appropriate parts as the questions come.  Whenever there is a lull in the
questions (and I'm not coding), I'll doc other items that I think may be
confusing.

Ryan

___
Ryan Bloom                              rbb@apache.org