httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Weber Sylvia <...@adv.magwien.gv.at>
Subject AW: Announce: NTLM authentication module
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 11:54:01 GMT

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

If possible, I'll eliminate the Samba-code.
I think the essential question is, if the idea of how to communicate with
the domain-controler is licenced or only the implemented code.

At the moment I'm searching for documentation of the NTLM protocols. If this
is public available, it's easy to reimplement the GPLed code with Apache
style license. Any help and pointers will be appreciated.

Till this point is not cleared, please refer to the code sent as GPLed.

For the part of the http challenge/response protocol there's an article from
Scott Stabbert (Microsoft) named "Authentication and Security for Internet
Developers" http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/server/feature/security.asp

Sylvia