httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ovies Brabson <ovi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: PATCH: Remove Workaround for Make Problem on OS/390 USS and TPF
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 00:11:48 GMT
> In a recent note, Ovies Brabson said:
>
> > Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 16:08:34 -0700
> >
> > Make on OS/390 USS had a problem with how it handled macros in the make
> > invocation.  This patch removes the workaround that was put in the port
> > of the Apache HTTP Server to OS/390 USS.  The OS/390 APAR and fix
> > information follows:
> >
> > APAR number is OW41216.  It was fixed for releases V2R7 through V2R9 of
> > OS/390 based on the fix information below:
> >
> What is Apache's position on support of OS/390 releases?  IBM still
> claims to "support" releases prior to V2R7, even though fixes to
> OW41216 are apparently not available for those prior releases.
>
> -- gil
> --
> StorageTek
> INFORMATION made POWERFUL

The fix was put in V2R7 and above, because I reported the problem on
V2R7 since that was the release
I was working on at the time and the release I was experiencing the
problem on.  If you are experiencing
the problem on an earlier release, you may want to report it so that
they might fix it for previous releases.