httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main iol_file.c
Date Sun, 28 May 2000 01:40:59 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> I'm with OtherBill on this one.
>
> If the *compilation* is broken, then putting in a patch like this
> certainly cannot hurt anything. Not like it can break it any more :-)

I disagree.  The state of compilability is irrelevant
to whether a patch should be committed or submitted for review.
Commit-then-review is NOT licence to just shove stuff
in.  Anything about which you feel unsure, or think might cause
controversy, needs to be handled in review-first mode.  That's
part of the rules for CTR.  When in doubt, play it safe;
submit to the list with a 'if no-one objects within a couple
of days, I'll commit it' -- that's also provided for by the
CTR rules.
--
#ken    P-)}